Creative Marketing and Communications Professional with more than 10 years of international experience in Manila, Barcelona, Madrid, Alicante and London. Expert in digital media, content marketing and strategic partnerships.
Content Marketing Strategist at Volvo Ocean Race
Nov 2016 – Aug 2018 (Alicante, Spain) Read the work review
- Managed relationship with 12 international Host Cities to develop a marketing strategy to promote the Volvo Ocean Race as a world-class premiere event
- Supervised and advised international sport marketing companies and creative agencies to optimise all marketing activations and promotions to drive footfall to the Volvo Ocean Race Villages
- Oversaw timely delivery of branding projects (city dressing, Race village branding, PR/editorial) and Host city content production and approvals
- Key partner for cross functional teams and acts as brand manager to solve day-to-day branding issues to ensure brand consistency across platforms (owned, shared, third-party)
- Collaborated with the brand, marketing and commercial team to develop strategic ways to build a stronger Volvo Ocean Race brand
Global People and Content Advisor at Unilever HQ
Jul 2015 – Jun 2016 (London, UK) Read the work review
- Responsible for driving our thought leadership strategy which contributed to an increase of 2M in LinkedIn followers and strengthened Unilever’s employer brand
- Managed editorial calendar and content campaign schedule
- Liaised with global HRBP/leadership teams
- Led the global content refresh project of unilever.com/careers
- Managed agency relationship and a team of content creators
Social/Multimedia Content Specialist at Unilever HQ
Mar 2013 – Aug 2015 (London, UK) Read the work review
- Managed the creation/promotion of social media campaigns in support of Unilever’s global communication and business strategy
- Produced videos to support global comms strategy & media relations campaigns, and CEO Office communications
- Managed a number of key content projects, acting as a point of contact for our stakeholders
- Worked with global cross-functional teams and key stakeholders to develop and align Unilever’s sustainability agenda across platforms
- Engaged with content partnership teams to share content best practice
Digital Marketing Executive at London 2012 Cultural Olympiad
Jan 2012 – Oct 2012 (London, UK) Read the work review
- Managed all the digital channels for the cultural programme of London 2012 Olympics (London 2012 Festival) including CMS, CRM and B2B email marketing campaigns, and social media
- Acted as the content manager for the website – sourcing, curating and producing content for the homepage and the main London 2012 website (2 million visits for Festival website, 431 million for London 2012 website)
- Managed the events database for the Festival website and the London 2012 Join-in app
PR Communications Officer at Sue Ryder
Oct 2011 – Dec 2011 (London, UK) Read the work review
- Handled press and media enquiries
- Responsible for media monitoring and writing of daily press briefs
- Handled social media/community management as well as copywriting for newsletters and internal communications.
- Assisted the Head of Internal Communications in coordinating and curating the 2nd Sue Ryder newspaper, which was distributed to 8,000 employees across the UK.
Digital Marketing Assistant at Phaidon Press
May 2011 – Aug 2011 (London, UK) Read the work review
- Created digital marketing and social media strategies for upcoming book titles and also managed link-building outreach with bloggers as an affiliate marketing strategy.
- Built an extensive database of bloggers with particular specialisation in food, design and photography.
- Created social media strategies for the Art Museum book, their most ambitious project in 2011.
- Managed content on their website
Production Assistant at Royal Opera House
April 2011 (London, UK) Read related blog post
I worked as a production assistant for the film shoot of the world-renowned opera singer Angela Gheorghiu, in line with the upcoming series of ROH summer shows for 2011.
Digital Consultant at Asia House
Sep 2010 – Jan 2011 (London, UK)
I was responsible for creating online marketing material for the Asian Business Leaders Summit. Other duties include: photo captioning, as well as copywriting and web updates/social media using Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Volunteered for the cultural and marketing department from August to October 2010.
Bilingual Operations Assistant at European Union Intellectual Property Office
Jun 2008 – Jun 2009 (Alicante, Spain)
I handled administrative duties, communication correspondence and customer support for the Data Reception and Capture Department, Trademark and Registration office of the European Union.
Web Writer at Cafe Babel
Dec 2008 – Jan 2009 (Paris, France)
Assistant Teacher (Volunteer) for a special education class
2008 (Manila, Philippines)
I prepared class lessons for special education at Odelco Elementary School, Manila.
Online Citizen reporter for Ohmynews.com
Jun 2006 – Oct 2008
I wrote articles about non-profit organizations and social institutions that advocate social change. I was chosen as a delegate of the Philippines in the international citizen reporters conference in Seoul, Korea in July 2007. Samples of work
Web writer / Blogger
Aug 2006 – Jun 2007
I launched a successful blog called Saveguimaras.com in response to the oil spill tragedy in Guimaras, Philippines – This became one of the premiere informative sites regarding the oil spill.
Web writer / Blogger
Feb 2004 – Jun 2005
- I co-founded a web portal about NGO’s and Social Organisations called Lasolidaridad.com
- I helped promote non-profit organisations for Techsoup.org using the Second Life online tool.
Senior Copywriter at MSI – Magic Spell Inc. Advertising
Jul 2001 – Sep 2002 (Manila, Philippines) Samples of work
I was a senior copywriter handling media accounts for Print, TV, Radio and below the line campaigns. I was involved in all aspects of the campaign from conceptualization to presentation.
Writer for Food and Beverage Magazine
Mar 2001 – Sep 2001 (Manila, Philippines)
I was a regular contributing writer for a monthly trade magazine which caters to the Philippine hotel and restaurant industry. Samples of work
Scriptwriter for Allmedia.com.ph
Jan 2001 – Jun 2001 (Manila, Philippines)
I conceptualized and wrote scripts for VTR and corporate events for companies like Sunlife, Johnson and Johnson, Generali Insurance, etc.
Media Bureau Writer for the Presidential Campaign of Renato de Villa
Jun 1998 – Dec 1998 (Ilo-ilo, Philippines)
I wrote presidential campaign materials, liaised with the local press and assisted with event organisation. Renato de Villa.
Editorial Assistant / Writer, Lifestyle section at Manila Chronicle Newspaper
Mar 1997 – Jun 1997 (Manila, Philippines)
I handled editorial administrative duties, proofreading, writing, research and interviews for the Lifestyle and Travel Section of the newspaper.
Bachelor of Arts in Literature. De la Salle University. Manila, Philippines. (Jun 1992 – Sep 1996)
Plastic Arts and Ceramic Art. Escuela Superior de Arte. Alicante, Spain. (2009 – 2010, One year to finish)
Master in 3D Animation (certificate). Pompeu Fabra University. Barcelona, Spain (Oct 2002 – Jun 2003)
Courses, workshops, classes and certificates
Classic drawing Fine Arts Academy of Simón Picó Alicante, Spain (Jul 2017 - Present)
Figure drawing, Saturday School | Sustained Pose Lara Atelier Art School London, UK (May 2014 - Mar 2015)
Learning to Look at the Visual Arts (Online) University of Oxford. (Apr 2013 - Jul 2013)
Web Design Course (360 hours). Maga Informática. Alicante, Spain. (May 2006 – Sep 2006)
Photography Course (Basic). Federation of Philippine Photographers. Manila, Philippines. (2007)
Photography Course (Advanced). Philippine Center for Creative Imaging. Manila, Philippines. (2007)
Certificate French Superior. Alliance Française de Manille. Manila, Philippines. (1998 – 2001)
Japanese Language (Level 1). Universidad de Alicante. Alicante, Spain. (2009)
Certificate Advanced Course of Spanish. Instituto Cervantes de Manila. Manila, Philippines. (1998 – 2001)
Certificate for English Teacher. Bridge-Linguatec TEFL Online. Manila, Philippines. (2008)
Professional Education Diploma. Philippine Women University. Manila, Philippines. (2007 – 2008)